Scope : Basic Safety training course has been designed to meet the requirements of STCW section VI/1 and is based on the guidelines of IMO Model Courses 1.20
Course is open to all seafarers employed or engaged in any capacity on board ship.
Objective : After successful completion of the course the trainee will be able to demonstrate competency in surviving at sea in the event of ship abandonment; minimize the risk of fire; take immediate action upon encountering an accident or medical emergency; comply with emergency procedures, observe safe working practices and effectively communicate with others.
Course content :
- Introduction and principles.
- Minimize the risk of fire.
- Maintain a state of readiness to respond to emergency situation involving fires.
- Fight and extinguish fires.
- Review and final assessment
Duration: 2 DAYS
Approved by :
- PANAMA MARITIME AUTHORITY.